Wiseman Corners Schoolhouse

112 Midlothian Rd, Burk's Falls, Ontario

The Wiseman Corners Schoolhouse¬†was opened as a museum in 1997 and is dedicated to the pioneers who first settled in this area. Located at Wiseman’s Corners, the building is that of the original schoolhouse, S.S. #4 Ryerson. The school was built in 1893 and carried on successfully for about 45 years. The land consists of a half acre and was purchased in 1892 for $1.63; that sum included 63 feet of lumber! The museum is open from May to October, and everyone is welcome. Admission is free, but donations are gratefully accepted.