Create a mosaic butterfly for a community mural! In this workshop, Christine Hume will teach you some basic mosaic techniques. You will be taken through the steps and methods to create a beautiful butterfly mosaic on mesh. Workshop participants can work individually or collaborate to create their mosaic. If you wish your finished mosaic butterfly will be shipped to Olympia, Washington to become part of the Metamorphosis Mosaic Mural project (organized by a fellow mosaic artist – Jennifer Kuhns) OR you can keep your mosaic butterfly and install it in your garden.
- Be provided with a choice of butterfly templates
- Be introduced to the tools needed for this project
- Be taught how to prepare and cut stained glass and mirror
- Learn how to create a mosaic on mesh
- Learn about working with thinset/mortar as an adhesive and working cleanly
- Learn about grouting your mosaic on mesh
NOTE: If you are keeping your mosaic butterfly, tips for how to do the final grouting and clean-up will be provided (for you to complete this step at home).
For complete event details please follow the link provided.